Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tales from the Drying Rack and A Look Into the Dye Pot - 12/19/2013

Tales from the Drying Rack:

Had some fun last night... the colors from yesterdays dyeing turned out better than expected... Check out the set of "Dye Pot Partners"... and the extra yarn in a golden color :)

Here are all three of them...

Partner #1

Partner #2

And the Golden... 

I was extremely pleased with how they all turned out... 100% Wool Bulky Yarn :)


A Look Into the Dye Pot:

A couple weeks ago, I received a bunch of mixed bags of fiber... some processed, some carded... everything was pretty much labelled though... In the box was a bag with this super soft white fleece... It was CORMO... 

I have never had the opportunity to work with Cormo, so when I saw it, I was super excited...

Well, this morning, I decided that I needed to drop some of it into the dye pot and see what happens... Here are the results...


Cormo... The purple and pink off to the right :)

Just a closer picture...

And I added a skein of the Bulky yarn in just for fun :)


I can not wait to get home and see what everything looks like out of the dye pot and washed... Hopefully it is awesome though :)








No comments:

Post a Comment