Wednesday, December 11, 2013

PSC Fall Fest - Meet A Few of the Vendors!

Polk State College (PSC) Fall Fest 2013 was held Saturday, October 19th from 9am to 3pm... I had a shared booth with my "step dad" Tim. 

Tim creates metal sculptures out of old metal... If it can be welded, he will come up with some type of creation to turn it into... He calls himself "One Step Creations", because he had to have one of his feet amputated after some health issues... The name fits great :)

Here are a couple of his pieces... There are way more, lol.

His first Motorcycle... At least you can tell what it is :)


Hummingbirds...


Anyways... time to get back on track (I'm sure you all know how side tracked I get, lol)... 

This was our first year setting up for Fall Fest... and I had a lot of fun... if nothing else, I got to get some work done on a scarf I was knitting, and a little bit of spinning done. During the show, I went to search for some food... and found some vendors that I know.

This post is to showcase each of the three friends I found along the way :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

First is Jennifer of Sew Sweet Bow-tique... We went to high school together, but you know how high school is, if you don't run in the same circles, you don't speak to each other... Well, thankfully that is done and over with... I "met" Jennifer last year at the Sheriff's department show... actually through her mother, Margaret. Jennifer creates these amazing hair bows and outfits for little girls... and her mother Margaret... we she is pretty much a saint :) Margaret helps with Street Angels in Winter Haven, FL - it is an organization that helps feed and clothe the local homeless and under-privileged members of the community. 

Jennifer has recently opened up a store front in Downtown Winter Haven with her friend Danielle of Badge Boutique... they are located at 535 Avenue B NW, Winter Haven, FL if you have a little girl or young lady in your life :)

This is Sew Sweet Bow-tique's Facebook Page:


Jennifer and Margaret in front of their booth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I ran into Cori from Crafts by Cori... I met Cori last year when I joined the Polk County Fiber Guild... At first, I wasn't really sure how to take her... Cori is a very honest person... so if she feels or thinks it, she says it... which can definitely rub some people the wrong way.

Over the past year... I have spent time with Cori at the fiber guild meetings, bobbin lace meetings, and at different craft things... She is definitely one in a million and I am extremely happy to call her a friend. She is primarily a knitter... but she also does bobbin lace... and lots of sewing... She also makes these super cute little pin cushions, made out of little metal tins... of course mine is sitting at my house and I haven't taken any pictures of it... shame on me.

This is Crafts by Cori's Facebook Page:

And this is the blog:

Cori with all her Goodies :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, I found Leroy... I met Leroy almost three years ago when we moved into our house... he is our neighbor :)

I didn't know until the first Christmas there that Leroy as a "crafty" man... but me is awesome... he makes these amazing little wooden boxes and jewelry boxes in his building behind his house... He gave us one as a gift that first year, and I use it everyday... anyone who comes over is always asking about it and wondering where we got it... This is the man who makes them.

This year, I remember he told me that he was #20 and #21... so I was on a mission to find his booth so that I could say "hi" and see what he had... and of course I just had to buy this super cool little cedar box... that once again I have not taken a picture of, lol.

His son Ken (who was helping him this day) has a website that he shows off Leroy's Boxes:

Leroy with his boxes (at the end of the show)...


PSC Fall Fest 2013 was a very large, fun, and interesting event... if you have the chance next year to attend, I highly recommend it... Shoot, you can get all your Christmas shopping done in one day :)

They have not released the dates yet... but I will try and let you know when they do... Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment