Monday, December 30, 2013

Spinning Art Yarn with Tatted Accents

Recently I decided that I should start tatting Art Yarn Accents for art yarn spinners... most people just say that they are pretty, but really do not understand how they work.

So, last night, I decided to take 10 of the Art Yarn Accents I had created over the weekend, and spin them into my own art yarn :)

Here are a few examples of what exactly these little tatted beauties look like:

Teal - to me they sort of look like a cross between a flower and a radioactive symbol, lol.

Little brown flowers

Lilac Bows or Infinity Symbols

Sample of the packaging... They are available in 5, 9, 10, 12, and 24 count... or whatever you desire :)


The yarn was sort of difficult for me, just because I had never core spun before... and of course I did not check my books, just decided to try it out... 

I used dyed Border Leicester fleece that I completely processed from a raw state... cotton core thread... and plied with a silver "tinsel-y" thread.






The sample only ended up being 16 yards... but I did get to use all 10 tatted accents... I am actually quite pleased with how it turned out...

Basically, as you are core spinning, add in one of the "tails" and spin your fiber right over the tail... leave out the accent... then spun over the remaining tail the same as before... the outcome is an accent that is sticking out of your yarn and secure in the yarn :)

Please feel free to ask questions or contact me if you want to know anything :)








No comments:

Post a Comment