Monday, December 29, 2014

A Very Weaving Christmas!!!

When my husband asked what I wanted to for Christmas... I made the decision to tell him exactly what I wanted and see what happened. Well, I wanted a loom... what kind? I had no idea... He told me to pick out which one I wanted and he would get it...

I decided on a 20" Ashford Knitter's Loom... I didn't want it to be too big... and I liked that it could be folded for storage.

And of course, I just had to take it for a test drive the Saturday after Christmas :)


Warped and Weaving Away...


Finished Fabric


44" long by 6" wide


After how easy the first one worked up... I just wanted to make another scarf... but of course I didn't want to pull the instructions back out (because I know everything... ha!)

I ended up warping the loom backwards... which basically screwed everything up... but I didn't want to have to take the weft off... so I'm just dealing with the screw up.


The middle of the fabric... looks nice right?


The edge of the fabric... it looks terrible... and its all because I was too dang lazy and pigheaded to take out the instructions


Progress so far...


I'm hoping to do some fun fiber-y creating tonight... lets see what happens :)






No comments:

Post a Comment