Thursday, August 21, 2014

29 Long Days to go!!!

Well, we officially have less than a month left to wait til Fiber In... I was planning on doing some creating last night... but the kids were being particularly difficult... so I figured I would finish spinning a mini test skein of bamboo instead.

A friend has offered to play around with it and give me feedback... she is a tatter... and does amazing work... so it should be interesting to see what she comes up with... 

I took two little "tufts" of bamboo fiber, spun it (pretty thin) and then Andean plied it back on itself. I only got about 10 yards... but it should be enough for something awesome :)

The baby skein


And a closer pic


The fiber was Red and Turquoise... and the flash was really bringing out the luster in the bamboo... Its really soft though :)


No comments:

Post a Comment