Friday, January 3, 2014

This Weekend... January 4th and 5th

Since I have Distaff Days coming up on January 11th... I really need to get my butt in gear and start dyeing, spinning, processing, and creating...

If you are unaware what the heck I'm talking about... 

"The phrase "Distaff Day" comes from an old world tradition of getting back to work after celebrating the 12 days of Christmas. Woman would resume regular household chores on the 13th day. Modern women have adopted this day to celebrate our many crafts and enjoy it together."

The event is held at the UCF campus in Orlando, FL... its basically just a gathering of fiber "lovers" who get together and enjoy each others company... there are some for sale tables... a door prize table... and a wonderful free table... 

Here is the website link so you can check it out: http://www.orlandodistaffday.com/

I was approached and asked to set up a small table with some fiber-y goodness on it... and of course I have not been doing what I should be doing to get ready :(

Most of my "product" is at Four Purls, so I really do not have anything ready to go... so this weekend, I have decided that I need to get myself in gear and get everything taken care of... Plus, I still have to get out my Phat Fiber samples for January... they have to be delivered by the 10th, or they will not make it into the box... and lets face it, I put a lot of work into them, I do not want to miss out...

So, this weekend will be full of so called "work" :)

Also, I have been working on creating more sizes and shapes of the tatted "Art Yarn Accents"... Right now, I am working on some bows... or infinity symbols... both in thread and yarn...


Here is one of the "JUMBO" accents


Here are some of the size 10 thread ones


And I know I have already done a post about this yarn... but I am super proud of it... and the more I look at it, the more I love it...

So, that is what I have planned for this weekend... whether or not it all gets done is another story... but who knows... What do you have planned?






No comments:

Post a Comment