Friday, March 15, 2013

Orange Blossom Yarn Crawl - Part 3... Sip and Knit

The third store I visited on March 3rd was Sip and Knit in Maitland, FL... At first I wasn't sure if I had found the right place... as it was getting pretty late in the day on a Sunday... then I spotted the sheep... there is a white sheep (similar to Willamina at The Black Sheep) that sits in front of the store greeting customers :)

The shop looks small from the outside, but once you walk in those doors... it just opens up and keeps going. I was greeted by Doni, the owner... she was sitting at a table at the front of the shop with a friend and the cutest "office assistant" ever... Tucker!

Sip and Knit has a very large selection of unique yarns... as well as a whole room dedicated to notions, etc... There were so many different types of needles, and very large variety of buttons... As I went to use the restroom, I noticed some boxes of magazines sitting in the hallway... I wasn't sure if I was mis-reading things or what... but the sign said $1.00

Now what's a girl to do when she finds knitting magazines so cheap... duh, I had to buy them... I ended up with 18 of them... but half were for Laurie (the friend with the broken wrist), so I didnt feel so bad about it, lol.

Anyways, lets get back to her shop... I crept through the place seeing where else the hallway would take me... down a cooridor, I notice an opening, it was amazing... there was a room with comfy chairs and a wall of yarn... it was a teaching/knitting area and boy was it nice. The whole store was very welcoming and made you want to stay a while...

The store front


The white sheep... super cute


Come meet Tucker


Going into the needles/notions room


The yarn when you first walk in


Trunk show items


The pattern that Doni designed for the Yarn Crawl


And of course, her business card... I love that they have a happy hour on Friday


The only thing I wish I would have gotten a picture of, and didnt, was that awesome work space in the back. I highly recommend stopping if you are in the area... she is even open on Sundays :)

Be back Monday with Knit in Longwood!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment