Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Spinning Witch's Cat...

Last October, I participated in a Zombie Apocalypse swap in the Phat Fiber group on Ravelry... My partner ordered two batts from Spin City UK for me... They are gorgeous batts... and I wasn't very sure how to spin the one because it had linen in it... but, it turned out beautifully!


Batt Card for Witch's Cat from Spin City UK


Witch's Cat Batt


Witch's Cat Batt Opened Up


I split the batt in half... or approximately half... and started spinning it on the E-Spinner... I let the fiber do what it wanted... With art type batts, I prefer to just let the fiber do its own thing and see what happens, lol.


Each Bobbin Spun


Plied Yarn 


I haven't gotten to take the yarn off the bobbin yet... but the batt was 4 ounces, so I'm assuming the yarn will be just under that... and is a worsted to bulky weight :)








No comments:

Post a Comment