Wednesday, May 6, 2015

E-Spinner Action :)

As you probably already know from yesterday, I managed to get the E-Spinner working... and it is super FAST... well, I couldn't get it to function properly last night to save my life...

Dylan had been super excited to spin all day... so he was actually good and ate all his dinner... the reward was that he would get to use his "spinner spinner" as he calls it... after much fight and anger, we managed to get the wheel working and actually accomplish some yarn :)

I took a video showing it in action:

We started with a Booya Boho Mini Batt from Woodland Hills Alpacas... it is 70% Corriedale / 20% Merino / 10% Other Fibers... and it actually spun without much of a problem

Its more red in real life... but its a fun little 1 ounce - 30 yard skein :)


Dylan works the foot pedal while I draft for him... 

He is so proud of his yarn!!!


Our second try (skein) was a braid from Spunky Eclectic called Flowering Weeds... it is 70% Merino / 30% Mohair... and was a huge pain in the butt to spin... Mainly because it was super slick and the wheel was too fast, lol.

This roving has been sitting in my stash for at least 3 years, lol


Bobbin #1


Bobbin #2


Plied


Bulky / Super Bulky Yarn


Flowering Weeds - 3 ounces - 75 yards


I absolutely love the final yarn... I am not very good at spinning bulky yarn.. so this has been a wonderful experience!








No comments:

Post a Comment