Thursday, May 7, 2015

"Go Ahead & Like It" - a Book Review

"Go Ahead & Like It" by Jacqueline Suskin 

Cover


This book sort of threw me through a loop... I wasnt really sure what to expect when it came in... but after only a couple of pages, I was brought back to childhood in a way.

The book encourages you to sit down and actually make a list of things that you like... with no particular rhyme or reason... just whatever comes to mind.


Any memory, smell, taste, anything... just start by writing something that you like and keep adding to the list... 


Once you have your list... go back and ask yourself "why?"... why do you like the smell of Marigolds? Why do you like the color blue? 


For me, it made me realize that life is too short to be so serious all the time... live your life, but dont get so sucked up in the life around you, that you forget to actually live your life!


The format of the book was very different than most books I have bought... and the freeform style of the pages really made me feel a connection with the past... definitely worth purchasing... and remember to make that list :)

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.




No comments:

Post a Comment