Thursday, February 27, 2014

Part 3 - Alafia River Rendezvous 2014

Sorry it took me so long to get this done... I keep running into little snags in life...

As promised... Carol Leigh from Hill Creek Fiber Studio attended the Rendezvous... I was searching for her this year and couldn't find her... I finally asked a lady who looked like she had a crocheted piece in her bag... and she helped me get over there... 

Carol's booth was "turned" this year... so it was almost like you had to go down an "alley" to get to the entrance, and since I had the kids and Aaron this year, I completely over looked it.

I'm just happy that I found her... Aaron actually didn't complain, lol... he sat outside the tent with the boys and let me look around. Of course it wasn't as long as I would have liked, but when the kids start acting up, there is only so much you can do... so mommy had to hurry :)

Here is the set up... I think its much bigger than what it was last year :)


The first tent was just looms... its like paradise...


Different wheels set up for display


Look at all those books...


The bags are natural dyes... different sizes of knitty noddys on the table... and also some spindles - You can see the hubby with Dylan sitting just outside the tent, lol.


Lovely baskets... FULL of FIBER!!!


Miss Carol is sitting in the background in the plaid... I don't remember he name, but the lady in the black shirt was who helped me... she was super nice and extra helpful :)


I had to save this pic for last... I just love all the shuttles lined up like that... it makes me want to hang the photo over my bed...


I ended up purchasing another spindle... the same one I bought from her last year, lol... I just couldn't help myself. I also got a 1 yard mini knitty noddy... it is amazing

Here is the spindle with a sample batt from Luthvarian Fiber Arts... The whorl is Osage Orange :)


The Rendezvous was pretty awesome this year... and I honestly can not wait til next year... If you want to learn more about Carol Leigh or her Studio... visit her website:

http://www.hillcreekfiberstudio.com/

Until next time :)







No comments:

Post a Comment