Monday, February 3, 2014

Spinning a Rainbow... Part 1

A while ago, I created some "Peaceful Rainbow" rolags for spinning... it was actually the day that the Supreme Court ruled that same sex couples were entitled to federal benefits... 

I had them listed in my Etsy store for a while... but since no one bought them, I figured what the heck, I should spin them :)

They were created with some of the first fibers I dyed in my kitchen... Border Leicester, Corriedale, Rambouillet, Columbia, Mohair, and Firestar...


"Peaceful Rainbow" Rolags

"Ingredients", lol

Just a fun close up shot :)


I started to spin them on my Louet s20... it is such an awesome wheel... only one speed, but the decorations make it so much fun to work with :)

Spinning Away

Three Rolags Down

I was about half way done here


I was sort of surprised with my self at how the rolags were spinning... I have only ever really spun my own "product" on a spindle... but these were pretty much a dream to spin...

Tomorrow, I should have pics of the finished yarn... I have decided to Navajo or Chain ply it... so it will be a self striping yarn :)

I absolutely love this picture, so I thought I would leave you with it til tomorrow :)











No comments:

Post a Comment