Monday, April 13, 2015

When Clowns Attack... Yarn???

I got some fiber from a local shepherdess last year... but when I got home, realized that the fiber was all just too short to spin by itself... It was all from different breeds... and they were all lamb fleeces :)

Since I wasn't really sure what to do, I washed up a few small batches and dyed a little bit of it (Orange, Pink, and Blue)... Its been sitting in bags, inside a basket for about 8 months now... and I think I have finally figured it out, lol :)

I decided to blend the short dyed fibers with some Superwash BFL/Nylon roving... running it through the drum carder in bunches of different layers... Unfortunately, I never thought to take a picture of the batts... but I do have some of the beginning stages of the yarn...

One bobbin spun up...

Both bobbins waiting to be plied...

The start of the ply job :)

Stay tuned to see what happens next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment