Monday, October 6, 2014

Phat Fiber - October 2014 - Ancient Egypt

This month for Phat Fiber, the theme is Ancient Egypt... I was pretty lost on this one for a while... but everything I have seen was royal blues and gold... so that's what I went with, lol.

I have a hard time sticking with just one sample... so I decided to send it two types of samples... fiber and buttons.

The fiber is a locally sourced 56s Domestic Top... This fiber comes from small family farms east of the Mississippi... and it is a mix of many different breeds in one preparation. The micron count is 29.5... so it is not super soft, but it is also not rough... its super easy to spin and great stuff to work with :)

I went with the name "Fierce Pharaoh"... because it just seemed to fit!



The button on the other hand was a little trickier... I started looking up pictures of Hieroglyphics and noticed that there were many that depicted a honeybee... so what better than a "Bee Hieroglyph" in the blue and gold as well???




And here are the two together... by the way, I absolutely love this pic :)




The Phat Fiber box goes up for sale in a a couple weeks... so make sure to get added to the newsletter so that you know when to snag one :)



No comments:

Post a Comment