Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dad is Coming to Visit :)

Well, just talked to dad this morning... and he is coming for a visit :)

He has been battling stomach cancer and they believe that the cancer has returned. Looks like he may not make it past spring... so, he is going to come and meet his grandchildren before its too late.

They should be down here on the around the 22nd and will stay for a couple of days. I haven't seen him in almost two years now, so it should be a good visit. I just really want the boys to get to meet him. I know that they will not remember him, but at least this way, they will have some pictures with him when they get older.

I have been trying to come to grips with saying goodbye to a man I barely knew. My brother and I used to go spend the summers with him and some Christmas vacations, but that was really it. As we got older, I decided that I would rather stay here and work, so thats what I did. I have always sort of held onto the hate that I always had for him and its not a good thing.

When I was younger, I couldn't forgive him for hitting us and mom. All that I wanted was for him to die and leave us alone... and now that I am older, it really bothers me that I was such a hateful little brat. I know that its all part of life and learning to grow up, but it is hard to deal with as an adult.

I know that he will not be here to watch my boys grow up... and being a kid who had no grandparents, because they all passed, it is very difficult to think that my boys are going to have to go through it. But, I guess that is life...

We are going camping for work this weekend, so the kids should have a ton of fun with that... then next weekend, dad should be getting close :)

No comments:

Post a Comment