Since I am very new to dyeing, I decided to give dyeing fleece a try... I bought some raw washed fleece from twillsheep on Ravelry and gave it a shot :)
Everything came vacuum sealed and is perfect for storage until ready to use.
The fleece was pretty free of vegatable matter... there were a few little sticks and such that still needed to be picked out, but not much.
I used food coloring, but this time, I did half with blue and half with yellow, figuring if they mixed, it would be green :)
Last night, I went ahead and used the hand carders and started "brushing" the locks... here is the box of little rolags that I got... ready to spin :)