Friday, August 15, 2014

Missing Leaves :)

When I came home from work a few days ago... I noticed that a bunch of leaves were missing off the tomato plant (which was a complete accident anyways)... and I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on...

Well, turns out we had four Tomato Hornworms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manduca_quinquemaculata) on the plant... and they were going to town, lol. Since the plant sort of showed up by accident, it really was not a big deal that they were eating it... Although it was over 6 ft. tall :)

And they don't just like the leaves :)








This is my favorite picture of them... it sounds weird... but I just want to hug him :)




They were there one day... and gone the next... so I don't really know if a bird got them, or if they just wandered away... but there are still tons of leaves and fruit on the plant.

It was definitely a great experience to share with the boys :)







No comments:

Post a Comment